Ticketmaster and Snapchat have partnered up to launch a new innovative experience within the Snapchat app, with a first-of-its-kind Map Layer in app Mini.
The app matches Snapchatters with events they might like based on their indicated preferences, allows users to swipe left and right on upcoming shows, and even discover events nearby.
This will be the first time that Snapchat has integrated a partner to their Snap Map feature through their new Layers technology, marking an important milestone for Snap Map as a product.
How it works:
- Snapchatters can jump right into the Ticketmatcher Mini through the Rocket Icon in Chat.
- There, Snapchatters will be prompted with a brief survey to gauge their taste.
- They’ll then be shown suggested upcoming shows based on their preferences and they can swipe left and right to browse. (Think of a reimagined dating app that pairs you with interesting experiences instead of potential partners!)
- Once a Snapchatter has found something they like, they can see if their Snapchat friends have matched with the same event as well and kick off a conversation through the Snapchat Camera straight from the Mini.
- Snapchatters can even invite their Snapchat Friends and start a guest list right then and there via chat or post directly to their story to express their interest — all without leaving the app.
- Snapchatters will also be able to peruse upcoming events at venues nearby through a new Layer on Snap Map, a highly popular feature within Snapchat that reaches more than 250 million Snapchatters each month.
- To purchase tickets, Snapchatters will go through a seamless flow directing them to checkout on Ticketmaster.com
EVP of Distributed Commerce at Ticketmaster, Dan Armstrong, says Ticketmaster are building partnerships and product solutions to help put their clients’ live events in front of the most engaged, likely ticket buyers.
“Working with Snap enables us to deeply engage a new generation of event goers. Discovering a cool show on your Snap Map, and sharing it with your friends via the Ticketmatcher Mini, provides a whole new way for us to help artists, teams and venues connect with this important demographic. Live events are inherently social and with this partnership we are able to incorporate social connectivity from the very beginning of event discovery to purchase through the experience at the show or game.”
The new Ticketmaster x Snapchat Mini app integration is available in Australia.