If you’re in need of funding for your Queensland based event or festival, then it’s a wise idea to take advantage of the now open round two Screen Culture Funding.
The funding program provides support for film festivals, screenings, conferences and events, helping to increase access to screen content in Queensland, providing support for regional events as well as providing diverse content to Queensland audiences.
The types of funding for both rounds include:
- Up to $150,000 per annum is available for significant cultural festivals and events. Events seeking funding under this category must apply under Round 1.
- Up to $25,000 is available for Touring Festivals visiting over six regional centres. Events seeking funding under this category must apply under Round 1.
- Up to $8,000 is available per application for festivals and screenings. Applications should not be for less than $2,000 for a single project.
- Multi-Year Funding is available for festivals with Queensland attendance above 10,000: Festivals that can provide evidence and track record of Queensland audience attendance above 10,000 may be eligible for funding for two concurrent years.
To be eligible to receive funding you must be an individual or business that can provide benefits to Queensland screen culture. You must be able to prove that you have the appropriate capacity, experience, and track record to undertake your event proposal. You must also provide evidence that your event will fulfil a need in the community and state how it will provide more opportunities for the Queensland screen culture industry.
The following cultural events are eligible for funding:
- Screen Festivals
- Public events that seek to engage and inform Queensland audiences about screen culture activities.
- Workshops and Conferences may be eligible for funding where it engages the industry and the general public.
- Tours and/or visitations by leading filmmakers about projects of significance to screen practitioners that foster debate, discussion, and peer contact.
- Virtual film festivals and events seeking to engage Queensland audiences and the industry.
Applications are now open for events occurring between 1 January 2022 and 30 June 2022 and will close Monday 18 October 2021, 9am. You will be informed of the decision made about your application in November/December 2021. Click here for more information on how you can apply.