The NSW Government today announced its roadmap to recovery, revealing the path forward for all NSW, both vaccinated and unvaccinated.
From the Monday after NSW hits the 80% (aged 16 and over) double does vaccinations, the following freedoms will apply for events but only to full vaccinated adults and those with medical exemptions (staff and patrons):
- Up to 200 people can attend COVID Safe events
- Up to 500 people can attend controlled (ticketed and seated) events
- Major outdoor recreation facilities like stadiums and racecourses can operate with one person per 4 sqm, capped at 5,000 people (or by exemption)
- Entertainment facilities including theatres and music halls can operate with one person per 4sqm or 75 per cent fixed seating capacity (whichever is larger)
- Amusement centres and nightclubs will remain closed
- Unrestricted trips between Greater Sydney and Regional NSW
- Masks will remain mandatory for all indoor premises and settings, except children under 12. Only hospitality staff will be required to wear a mask while outdoors.
Then, from Wednesday 01 December 2021, and applied to all NSW citizens, regardless of vaccination status:
- Density will shift to one person per 2 sqm for indoor and outdoor settings
- COVID Safe Plan required for outdoor events with more than 1,000 people
- Amusement centres and nightclubs can reopen with one person per 4 sqm
- Carpooling is permitted
- Quarantine settings for vaccinated arrivals will be altered. A cap on unvaccinated travellers may remain.
- Masks will be mandatory while travelling on public transport, on planes and at airports, and for front-of-house hospitality workers
- Mask wearing is not required when outdoors
Given updated health advice, adjustments have been made to the 70 per cent roadmap. Regional travel will now not be allowed until 80 percent (fully vaccinated only), and a booking cap has been introduced for hospitality venues of 20 people per booking.
Deputy Premier John Barilaro said the NSW Government is considering changes to incoming international arrival caps, so more people can return home for Christmas.
“The NSW Government’s 70 per cent roadmap lifts fully vaccinated people out of lockdown and when we reach 80 per cent, restrictions will ease even further,” Mr Barilaro said.
“The key continues to be vaccination rates, so please do not hesitate and book in for your free COVID-19 vaccine today so we can reach these targets as soon as possible.
“I must also clarify that travel between Greater Sydney and regional NSW will only be permitted when the state reaches 80 per cent double dose. This change is necessary to give some regional areas the time they need to increase local vaccination rates.”
The roadmap may be fine-tuned by NSW Health the COVID-19 situation is monitored over the coming weeks.